18.1.12

wakey-wakey

I never cease to be amazed at how the Lord works.

I started a new Bible Study with the women from my church this morning.  It's been over a year since I've been in group Bible study, and I'm already glad that I was lead to this one.  It's a study on James by Beth Moore and even though we've only just watched the intro dvd, I know God has things to teach me. 

(Likely, by the time I finish the study, you may feel like you've also done it - I can't help but talk about the things I'm learning...)

Today, I'm marvelling how the Lord has worked together the final point Beth made on the video today with the main point Louie Giglio made in his openning talk at Passion 2012. (I wonder if Beth noticed it, since she was there too?)

Louie made reference to Ephesians 5:14, where it says:

"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead 
and Christ will shine on you."

Beth didn't mention this verse but the last point of the listening guide was this:

"The power of the resurrection means that nothing 
but the tomb is meant to be empty."

Let that sink in for a moment.  

Nothing but the tomb is meant to be empty.


 A friend at the study reflected on this by saying that it's the things we hate about ourselves that make the empty place, that make room for us to be filled with God's grace.  If we were full on our own, we wouldn't need Jesus.

Immediately, Matt Maher's song "Christ is Risen" came to mind, which led me to think of the verse in Ephesians.  

Wake up, Becky!  
Let Christ fill the empty places in your heart!
He has risen and by His power, I can be resurrected with Him.
Come awake!

And I am left to ponder the words of Philippians again:

"I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection"
(3:10a)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...