13.3.10

springing

The year our family lived in North Carolina, I distinctly remember walking out our front door just before Easter, to find the strangest sight.  Little green leaves poking out of the front of our tiny garden.  'What could this be?' this Canandian wondered.

Over the next several days these green shoots blossomed into daffodils!  Imagine my surprise!  Flowers in full bloom -in MY garden, no less- in March! 

(We Canadians tend to roll our eyes at our American friends for questioning whether we live in igloos...and yet...though we certainly live in houses, we do NOT plant our flowers before May!  At least not on the prairies.)

That memory for now is tucked away, and I still have plenty of time to plan my garden, but today I'm so thankful to see the sun again after a solid week of fog and grey skies.  I have felt 'off-ish' all week. 

I'm so thankful for the sunshine that is currently melting the mucky snow in front of our home, but I'm more even more thankful for the beakthrough I had in a very important relationship last night!  The sun is a symbol to me of the Lord's unending grace and warm love.

"See I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up, do you not perceive it?"
Isaiah 43:19

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...