15.6.09

Monday


Today I'm at work, planning for the Father's Day service at ACC. Actually most of the work is done, but I was hunting for one more 'little extra' to add. I read endless cheesey poems and some that brought tears to my eyes. I read some prose that expressed anger and sadness - some that openly rejected God as Father.
.
And then I came across this video:
.
What a beautiful use of scripture and an awesome reminder of how much our Heavenly Father cares for us - for me!
.
I have a wonderful relationship with my own dad and I have had the fun of watching my beloved husband as dad to our children. Both men are a testimony to the loving way with which God parents us; both pointing to Abba Father and His grace. I'm so thankful! How easy it is for me to accept God's love, having experienced loving acceptance from my earthly father. How deeply my kids will understand God's goodness and mercy having known their dad in such a close, intimate way.
.
My heart is full.
.
"I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty."
2 Corinthians 6:18
.
thank you, Lord.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...