11.10.10

my heart will choose

I think it's safe to say that we all know how blessed we are.
...to live in a free country,
...to have more than enough food,
...to have clean water


I think it's safe to say we all know we should be thankful.

and yet....

Some years as this occasion set aside for expressing gratitude rolls around, 
it's just not that simple.  

bounty
plenty
provision
sufficiency

These are our reality in this part of the world.  

and yet....

gratitude is a choice.

I will be thankful for all I have
even though there are ways I'm praying for the Lord's provision

I will be thankful for my family
even in the midst of the daily grind

I will be thankful for my supply
even though there are endless pretty things I could wish for

I will be thankful for friendships
even when they are distant - physically or emotionally

I will be thankful for a God who loves me and has a plan for me
even when I don't understand the plan or wish for a different plan

I will be thankful for my ministry
and continue to pray for greater vision

I will be thankful for my health
and not be distracted by my wishing to look or be differently

I will give thanks in all circumstances
those in and beyond my control

I will TRUST that God is in control
even though the world isn't

because

Yours, O LORD is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honour come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.

1 Chronicles 29:11-13

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...