22.6.09

see my heart

Yesterday I had the privilege of seeing a dear friend's "bun in the oven." How I love ultrasounds! I remember with perfect clarity seeing each of my three babies on that fuzzy black and white screen. (How could I forget the pain of having that much water in a bladder being poked and prodded....)

Before I could even feel them, I could see this tiny love squirming around - hands and feet waving and kicking.

I remember the technician pointing out the heart: "see the 4 quadrants, formed and operating?"

That was good news, of course. But truthfully, I was more interested to see the footprint they were able to zoom in on for Abbey; the profile of Ethan's face -looks like daddy!; and the sweet layer of baby fat they pointed out on my week late Cassidy. (and that gender was crucial information!)

How did I miss the importance of the heart?

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

How often do I miss the importance of my heart, all the while being careful to serve my Lord with my hands and my feet.
I wanna sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hands
Lay back against You and breathe - feel Your heartbeat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace, it's overwhelming.
take 4 minutes to worship through the first song on my newly installed playlist!
mind your heart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...