25.6.09

about a boy

We just got home from a wild celebration for Ethan's 7th birthday.  His day isn't actually until July 18th, but in an annual attempt to get kids to come before they go on summer vacation, we held his party a few weeks early.  E and I were very excited to see the best turn-out yet!  The boys (and Abbey!) had fun at U-Putz and now we're all putting our feet up in reflection.

Since I'm going to camp the evening of his birthday, and since I'm feeling rather sentimental after this occasion, I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you about my son!

(If you start to feel nauseous, close your eyes and the feeling should pass!)

Ethan Nicolas Donald Hall was a much desired and eagerly welcomed member of our family.  We had a lovely daughter and hoped that we might receive the joy of a son.  I laboured the longest with Ethan and received my only epidural.  When he arrived at 2:10am, my first thought was, "Oh!  He looks just like Abbey!"  The next morning, after a couple of hours of sleep I realized he looked nothing like his sister! ha!

Ethan has always been very attached to his mom, but happily took dad (in a pinch!).  He grew to become the single-most educated 3 yr old on all things ANIMAL!  You think I'm exaggerating?  I'm not, I have endless proof that I would be happy to sit down and show you.

Ethan is kind and sensitive, caring and nurturing.  He is an excellent artist (focusing most of his energy on Star Wars depictions) and a brilliant pest - who knew there were so many ways to bother his sisters!  He has a servant heart and is sentimental about his collections.

I pray Ethan will grow to become a man after God's heart.  That he will seek the Lord in all he does and that the Lord will honour his efforts.

When we dedicated Ethan to the Lord as an infant, we used a popular, but completely heartfelt scripture.  It continues to be our prayer as we watch our precious son mature and develop.

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."
1 Samuel 1:27-28
amen.

1 comment:

  1. *beautiful*

    ~i love your profile picture by the way.
    Quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...