1.11.10

full

I've been sick now for several days, and so it seems like my head is a little fuzzy....or maybe it's that I feel a little stuck inside my head.  The stuffiness of a head cold makes it seem like I can't hear, the sore throat makes it feel like I can't speak.  Even when I'm communicating with others it still feels like it's some sort of out-of-body thing - like listening to two people have a conversation through a tunnel.

I think this is why my thoughts seem so loud.

I don't like to be the devil-behind-every-corner kind of girl, but I beginning to wonder if the devil isn't using the volume of my thoughts to bring me down.  I keep thinking about how half-empty my glass is.

I can't seem to let things go....

my parenting failures (or worse, his parenting failures)

my disappointments

my imperfections

my house that is in complete disarray (and exactly how does that happen after being under the weather for just a couple of days??)

the ways I want to be better

the things I'd like to change

the feeling that I'm not capable of change at all, so why bother?

wow, that's really alot for a girl with a cold!  could it be the fever talking?

What do you do when you come to this place?
Do you have tips and tricks to be released from an sicky-induced funk?

The only thing I can think of is to go to the Word of God.  It is true. It never changes.

"For this is what the high and lofty One says - he who lives forever, whose names is holy:  
'I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, 
to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.'" Isaiah 57:15

"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; 
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. 
 I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
 that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself....
O LORD God Almighty, who is like you?  
You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you....
Your arm is endued with power
your hand is strong
your right hand exalted....
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, 
who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.  
They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness. 
 For you are their glory and strength."  Psalm 89:1-2, 8, 13, 15-17

God's Word is Truth!  Be my strength, O Lord...give me Your songs to sing...Your love and faithfulness never end and never fail....You are mine and I am Yours.


"On hearing this, Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.'"  Matthew 9:12

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you know who's voice to be listening to Becky. Sorry you've been sick, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. christine1.11.10

    hope you are "turning the corner" to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...