16.2.12

winning

via
this morning i'm trying to rev myself up.  my energy has been really low for the last few weeks and it's really bothering me.  the less action i take in a day, the worse i feel over-all, which leads to -guess what?- less action.

a vicious cycle.

i know how important rest is.  i know how valuable it is to have limits.  but what i'm also learning about myself is that when i spend too much time "resting" (i put it in quotes because really (for me) i should be saying "lazing"), i have too much time to think.  my mind begins to unnecessarily replay conversations and situations that make me feel badly about myself.  when i tell myself "i need my limits" and use that as an excuse to get nothing done, i feel discouraged and hopeless.

seems a little like a no-brainer when i put it like that!

today i'm overwhelmed with the feeling of needing a win.  sometimes i just need to do something well, just need a small success to help push me past the feelings of "i can't."

so - i'm going to prioritize my bible study homework today.... i'm going to exercise... i'm going to make a full-on supper (do you know what i mean by that?)..... i'm going to go for a walk in the sunshine... i'm going to do some laundry.

today the win will be the exercise.  i don't enjoy the thought of it, and even though i usually enjoy it at some point during, i have a very hard time motivating myself to get to it!  if i can make myself exercise, i know i can feel better about myself and my day.  not because i'll be more fit (yes, i realize it takes more than occasional effort to achieve fitness), but because with God's help, i overcame the things that held me back.

winning for me is walking in the Spirit, living in obedience, listening to the Lord's call.  winning for me is taking little steps (laundry, supper, exercise) to being the wife and mother, friend and worker, child of God i'm called to be.

with His help, I can.

Now what I am commanding you today 
is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 
It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, 
“Who will ascend into heaven to get it 
and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 
Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, 
“Who will cross the sea to get it 
and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 
No, the word is very near you; 
it is in your mouth and in your heart 
so you may obey it.
deut 30:11-14


What can you do today to experience a "Win?" 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...