27.1.11

judge not

My bathroom is a mess.
Please don't judge me.



The unkind judge says I'm lazy, or dirty, or need to get my priorities in order.

The too-kind judge says I must be busy baking and reading to my children,
volunteering and giving my best self to others, not my toilet.

It's just not clean today.
That is all.

~*~

My bathroom is clean.
Please don't judge me.


The unkind judge says I'm neglecting my family, have some sort of OCD, or need to get my priorities in order.

The too-kind judge says I'm super mom, getting it all done, even shining the mirrors and taps. (I bet she caught her own fish for an omega-3 boost for the family's dinner, too...)

It just got cleaned today.
That is all.

I am not my bathroom.
My bathroom says nothing about me except that I prefer it clean.

That is all.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous27.1.11

    I love this Becky! Just add in all the rest of the rooms of the house and that's my place today! Love your blog!
    ~Shawna H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanne27.1.11

    I love that...not to judge if it's clean OR messy!! I am always terrified I will be judged for the messiness that is my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this!! i usually get the second version about my life..."need to get my priorities straight". :)

    i may come back and borrow this from you. :)

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, you're brilliant.
    Hoping to read your book (if and when you ever publish...no pressure).
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...