11.1.10

Monday

This morning I drove down Portage Ave on my way to the church and I was completely awestruck.
I looked for a picture on google image, and nothing could do justice the sight I saw as
I drove past Assiniboine Park and over the Charleswood Parkway.
calorie-free frosting
dusted the trees and lamp posts, while the bright sunlight caused the glitter to glow.
What a lovely sight!
I wished I had my camera, or at least time to stop and stroll through the park.
I thanked God for creating such a beautiful reminder of His Glory and His Grace.

It has been so cold in this part of the country.
Yet, only in Manitoba can you have beautifully blinding sunlight shining off clean, white
frosty snow.

The Lord has brought our family to this place and we have so many reasons to praise Him.
He is good.

"When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one as well as the other."
Ecclesiastes 7:14

I'm not a fan of winter in Manitoba.
I'm not a fan of being cold,
of windchills,
of needing to plug my car in
and then letting it warm up for twenty minutes...

but...
People who live in gloriously warm places don't get to see the beauty of frosty trees.

And in that thought I hear the gentle word of the Lord...
"I have made the one as well as the other.  Trust me."

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...