18.1.10

monday


One of the goals I set for myself this new year was related to FUN.  I saw myself getting bogged down with just "getting things done" and found I wasn't really showing many signs of enjoying the process.  I also resolved to Smile more.  I'm very careful to not frown too frequently (how I loathe those lines between my eyebrows), but noticed that my go-to facial expression was just neutral...not a smile, not a frown, just nothing.

I think I've been doing pretty well with the smiling so far, I've been more aware and have been able to make the effort and think it's had a positive effect.  This fun thing, though....

I'm wondering if I've become a little like the psalmist who wrote: "My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away." Psalm 38:11

If I take more time to engage - will that make me more fun?  Of course I'm mostly thinking of my kids, but there are times I have struggled to be light and fun....even here, on this blog.  I certainly can't wait for everything in life to line up perfectly before I can find joy! 

{10 minutes later....}

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Biblegateway.com? After I typed the word joy I checked out the same word at my fave bible search engine and came up with a dozen verses that spoke the TRUTH of God's joy into my heart!

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Why?  I'll tell you: it's because...

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the height!

And the special ending that made my smile even bigger:


For the director of music. On my stringed instruments

...if you don't know, "director of music" is my job title in ministry!
now, how fun is that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...