14.1.10

good medicine

"A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
Proverbs 17:22

Today we had a surprise!
About ten minutes after Gavin left to take A & E to school,
in the midst of the twelfth reading of Humphrey's Bedtime this week,
I heard a happy voice -
"Hi Mom!"

A water-main break had occurred and school was
CANCELLED!

Now, I can't say I'd always respond well to that kind of information, but today the Lord must have blessed me with an extra measure of grace because a smile spread across my face and I welcomed them to join us for the rest of the story (and the next, and the next...).

I didn't get everything on my TO-DO list done today,
but the kids had a great morning playing outside....


and having hot chocolate!

And after an afternoon apart,
at preschool,
staff meeting,
playdate,
and piano lessons,

we met around the table for warm beef stew from the crockpot and buttermilk biscuits!


(and yes occasionally we have wine with a mid-week meal!)

Spending a surprise and mandatory vacation day together was a real blessing,
truly, good medicine!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...