1.1.10

full circle

we're finally slowing down...

the parties are over...
the concerts completed with pizzazz!


the tree and decorations are put away and stored under the stairs...
tummies are full to the brim with more sweets than we can handle...
the new year has been rung in with minimal hoopla.


the first day of 2010 is coming to a close.


I sit back and reflect and I come full circle - to where this blog began....resolution.


Many people say resolutions are a waste of time.  My own husband/pastor preached from the pulpit that resolutions are not valuable, only attainable goals are worth setting.  But - (as I preached to him in the van on the way home from church!), I think there's value in resolutions.  And I think it's ok if they're a little lofty.  I am going to actually run a full marathon this year - or even lose the 5 pounds I've been wishing (but not working) to lose for the last 4 1/2 years?  probably not.  Will I read a non-fiction book each month?   Will I read the whole Bible cover to cover this year?  maybe I can!  I like to think about how I might grow and change and become a more lovely and worthy Christ-follower.  I like to dream about what my life would be like with perfect patience, joy and peace.  In my heart I know perfection isn't something to be achieved before heaven, but I also know it is the Lord that puts this dream in my heart.


peu à peu - (bit by bit) This expression is coined by "the French Woman" (who doesn't get fat).  She emphasizes in life and health that a french woman never makes a drastic change but rather does a small new thing each day.  


I think there's biblical truth there, too!


"Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16


The Message says the end part like this: "not a day goes by without his unfolding grace." 


I have the power and strength to be all the things God calls me to be, and He enables me to make the small changes it will take to become the vision He has for me!


I look up the long flight of stairs and dream about being up top, but take one step after the other to get there.

2 comments:

  1. amen!!!
    so encouraging.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christine. Welcome back Becky, and Happy New Year to you and your family. Looking forward to journeying more with you this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...