16.10.09

puzzling: part 2


Lessons from puzzling - part 2:
Puzzles require ALOT of patience!



I was so gung-ho, thinking about the lovely time I could spend each evening calmly putting pieces into place....preventing me from the never-a-good-idea evening snacking....relaxing me until I took myself to bed for a peaceful slumber.....

not so.

If one doesn't watch oneself, one can become rather agitated while trying to put together a VERY DIFFICULT and CHALLENGING puzzle.

I'm not going to lie - after one evening, I almost put it away.  I know, that's so pathetic!  That's my perfectionism rearing it's ugly head once again.  If I can't do it swiftly and excellently - why bother?

Forced to face my limitations, I had a decision on my hands - give up or persevere?

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."  James 1:2-3

We're not talking about puzzles anymore, are we?

Life so often feels like a puzzle - how will things come together?  what will the final picture look like?  where does this piece go??  Each day is another piece in place, another step in faith, another opportunity to walk in loving obedience.  Some pieces slip right in, almost without thinking.  Others require searching, trying it here or there, patience.

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."  James 1:12

No short-cuts, just a slow steady walk toward the promises of God.

Toward Jesus!  

4 comments:

  1. This entry just leaves me smiling, because you are so very right, and it's funny to hear someone else say the words out loud, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perseverance is hard.
    thanks for the reminder of the reward and help along the way.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry girls, no more 'thoughts on puzzles' - my kids wanted the table and cleaned up my handi-work...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...