3.8.12

secure in Him

Reading in my devos tonight, I came across this (long) quote:

"Don't let people's compliments go to your head, and don't let their criticisms go to you heart. The degree to which you do either of these things is the degree to which you'll be ruled by what other people think of you. And boy, I know from experience how dangerous it is to build the stability of my identity on the fickle opinion of others.

Each day, let God whisper to your heart the truth of who you are - and whose you are...

We must rise above the chatter of the world, place our identities in the un-shifting grace of God, and keep our hearts tuned to the reassuring whispers of Jesus."

It reminded me of one of the memory verses from Girls Camp:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from THE FATHER of the heavenly lights, who DOES NOT CHANGE like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Thank you Lord that your opinion of me never changes and your love never fails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...