8.3.12

stand

There are moments in my life that I've had such a distinct image pop into my mind, that I've had to know it was the Lord.  It doesn't happen all the time, or even often, but once it's there it won't go away and I'm brought to my knees in worship.

I can't tell you how powerful that is for me - or maybe you know? - because I don't feel like worshipping every day.  I know every day has a reason to praise, but my human-ness keeps from seeing, or even trying to see....

This time the image came with the lyrics of a song right after I heard of the passing of a very dear man.  I thought of his wife, his kids and grandkids.  I thought of the many people in our church (including me!) who would mourn his loss even as they praised God for his well-lived life.  I stood at my kitchen sink looking out at my bird-feeder, coffee in hand, as you'll often find me...

"You stood before creation
 Eternity in Your hands
 You spoke the earth into motion
 My soul now to stand"

I saw Jesus, hands stretched before Him, holding the earth, delighting in this thing He had made.  I saw His eyes wet with tears as He peeked into each life, each hurt, every broken heart.

"You stood before my failure
 And carried the cross for my shame
 My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
 My soul now to stand"

I could almost feel His heart beating with the longing to be our answer.  "If they knew.....if only they knew..."
The image created a feeling that almost hurt.  Lord, You know that I know.  You know that I'm Yours!

"So what can I say?
 What can I do?
 But offer this heart, O God
 Completely to You"

In this broken world, where loved ones leave too soon.... where people hurt people....  where I live with my own inability to stop failing...  all I can do -ALL I can do- is offer my heart to the One who made me, delights in me, has a plan for me - who stood in my place just so I could walk with Him.

"So I'll stand
 With arms high and heart abandoned
 In awe of the One who gave it all
 I'll STAND
 My soul, Lord, to You surrendered
 All I am is Yours."

Under the weight of my world, I can stand because He stood under the weight of the whole world.  He carried the burden to the cross, took it all - gave it all - and rose to life to give me the freedom to live.

worship Him - only Him.


  The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high; 
   he will fill Zion with his justice and righteousness. 
 He will be the sure foundation for your times, 
   a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; 
   the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure. 
isaiah 33:5-6


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...