23.5.11

get 'er done

When my kids were small - really small - one of things I loved to do was organize all their sweet little onesies and sleepers and such.  As they grew and as the seasons changed, I would dig into bins to find the things they finally had grown into (you know when you think they'll never be that big!) and put away the now tiny items to save for another baby.

Well, now that my kids are not-so-small-ish, one of my least favorite jobs to do is organize their clothes.  I can't even (or at least shouldn't) complain, because our kids aren't the fastest growers, so it's not like this is an every other month type of job.  BUT, when the weather changes, my *sigh* can probably be heard across the land as I start the tedious process of digging out too-small clothes and searching through our shed for will-now-fit clothes.  Part of the issue is that our home is almost a hundred years old and the closet space is minimal, so there's no way to keep winter and summer clothes all in one place!   Thankfully, when the weather's nice this job can happen on the deck!   

There's nothing quite like seeing your poor children in jeans and long sleeves in 22C weather to help you gain a little inspiration

There it is again - this word that keeps rattling around in my brain....though this time, it might also be called desperation.

Inspiration is that thing where you suddenly are motivated to something. Maybe something you really enjoy, or maybe it's something you need to do and are surprised by the energy and willingness to complete it.

Inspiration calls me to my glue gun at odd hours to make something... it helps me see beyond the messy closet to a new idea for getting organized... it tells me I CAN be a better wife, mother, person....it draws me to a pretty magazine, or a new devotional book, or a new exercise dvd....

Inspiration can be found in a quote like this one I read on a friend's facebook page:

"If you do what you've always done,
you'll get what you've always gotten."

Inspiration can come from books we read, websites and blogs we visit, and from conversations with friends. There's nothing quite like hearing about a friend's success with some area of their life that will make you think, "I can do that too!"

The best inspiration, of course, comes from God's Word.  The scriptures teach us and correct us.  They show us the way to the life God intended for us to have.  They remind us of who He is and speak of His unfailing love.  (One of my faves is Psalm 143:8-10)

What inspires you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...