2.5.11

cashmere in may

Waking up Sunday morning to a thick covering of snow was not my idea...

but I hoped it would melt within the day.

Waking up Monday morning to a thinner, but still present covering of snow was not in my plans... 

but I had hope that today would be the day it left us for good.

Pulling out a cashmere sweater on the second day of May was not what I expected...

but I was glad I hadn't put my warmest sweaters into storage yet.

Looking at snow in May is depressing, I have to admit.  It actually is kind of confusing to my brain and emotions -  should I be spring cleaning or Christmas baking??  But it's a resonable metaphor for life - for my life in the last couple of weeks.  Things pop up and disappear. Hopes raised, dashed and raised again. Fuzzy directions turn into clear signs.

This is life.

At least, this is my life - can you relate?

The writer of Lamentations knows this part of life:
"I have been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the Lord..."

Have you been there?  How do you respond?

"I well remember...yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'the Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' " (Lam 3:17-24)


Cashmere in May was not my plan but it's warmth surrounds me and even better, it reminds me that my God's love and presence in my life is all I need.

3 comments:

  1. to be honest, I would have to move. I don't know how yankees and canadians do it. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unusually cold in Texas for May 2nd. I don't like it one bit. I want my flip-flops back :) I like the way you found a deeper meaning to the common, everyday events in your life. Those verses in Lamentations have brought me comfort many times in my life. Thank the Lord we are not consumed and He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sweater person I wish it could be the cooler temps of spring or fall all year!!! I'm addicted to cozy! (But still want it hot for when I can actually make it to the beach).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...