24.2.10

go-to outfit


Is it just me, or does everyone have a
go-to outfit?

This is mine: 
jeans, black cardi with black scoop neck underneath 
& pendant with non-discript coloured stone.



This is what I put on this morning when I woke up feeling "blah" and not at all ready to face the day.
This is what I will always put on when my day is going to be extra full and potentially a little stressful.  The jeans aren't the most modern cut and the sweater is not the most flattering, but somehow when I wear this outfit I feel ok about myself.  I don't feel like I'll stand out or fade completely into the background.  I won't draw attention to myself, but I'll have presence when I need it.

Some mornings I wake up and feel bold, ready to take on the world.
Those days I might put on blue, or (gasp!) green!
I may even hunt for an accessory in pink.
Many days I wear grey -  for in grey I feel like I've found the middle ground, the even keel.  Not the black that many find harsh, but not the colours I can't always make myself wear.

I guess what I put on says quite a bit about how I'm feeling....

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, 
holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourself with compassion..."
Colossians 3:12

Lately in my spiritual walk, I've been asking the Lord for more compassion for people.  
I don't think I'm a completely dispassionate person, but I just want to empathize better and see more clearly into the places where people hurt.  
I want my go-to response to people to be one of compassion. 

The guy who cuts me off in traffic....
The lady counting out her pennies in the express checkout...
The friend who dismisses me...
The child who disobeys me....
I want to see people as Jesus sees them!

"Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man..."
Mark 1:41

"Jesus looked at him and loved him..."
Mark 10:21

"The Lord is FULL of compassion and mercy."
James 5:11

Lord, give me the courage to see beyond myself.  Let me weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice.  Give me a heart like Yours, let me see through Your eyes.
For Your glory and Your Kingdom.
amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    Thanks so much for joining my blog yesterday and for your comment today. Your blog is great, very spirit filled and refreshing.

    Your outfit is super cute! I'm not sure what my go-to outfit is, but that's a good idea. Wonder why my first thought was "PJ's"? I guess I like to be warm and comfy.

    I love the book "Intimate Issues", too. Mine must be on loan right now because I have no idea where it is.... :)

    Thanks again...

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is cute! My go to one is jeans, dressy shirt and a jacket or long sweater.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's so nice to "meet" you!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...