27.12.12

Christmas

This Christmas we did all the things we traditionally do as a family,
and yet,
somehow,
this Christmas felt just
a little bit more
than typical.

we felt
a little bit more delight...


we had
a little bit more laughter...


we noticed
a little bit more excitement...


we enjoyed
a little bit more fun...


we moved
a little bit more s-l-o-w...


we were
a little bit more restful...


we became
a little bit more peaceful...


overall, just
a little bit more full.

Even when i woke up boxing day morning with that now familiar pressure feeling in my chest, the Lord provided a wonderful morning of rest with the kids and a fun afternoon and evening skating at my folks place with friends and family. 
 (and the feeling left and hasn't yet returned!)

God is good ALL the time, 
but I continue to count my gifts
~not the ones from under the tree~
and praise Him that the list seems never ending.

O my soul, bless God.
    From head to toe, I’ll bless his holy name!
O my soul, bless God,
    don’t forget a single blessing! 
psalm 103:1-2 (msg)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...