27.8.09

something new

About a week and a half before we went to camp, Abbey got her ears pierced! We had talked about it for many months, but it always came down to the same thing:

she was too scared!

However, when I requested her presence for a quick trip to the mall, she decided today is the day!

We ran our errands first and ended up at Claires for the deed to be done. My only concern with getting it done that day was that we were going to be at camp for almost 3 weeks, and would that affect the healing process? The girl at the shop assured us that if Abbey was willing to clean the earrings after every time she went in the water, it should be fine.

"That's a big commitment, sweetie," I warned, "It could mean cleaning them up to 5 times a day!"

Abbey said she was ready and it was time - she would be responsible for taking care of them.

Minutes (and no tears!) later, she proudly walked through the mall with her sparkling new earrings!

I admire alot about my firstborn, but that day I marveled at her commitment. When she is ready - she has amazing follow-through!

Coming off several weeks at camp, I've had quite a bit of time to consider my relationship with the Lord, what it looks like now and what it could look like with some tweaks to my spiritual practices. I've made some decisions about how I'd like to take my walk to a higher level, a deeper connection.

I am ready.
Lead me, Lord, and I will follow.

I want the follow-though that I witness in Abbey. I praise God for her example to me - it's awesome that it can work that way!

"And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint." Galations 6:9 (Amplified Bible)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...