13.7.09

pause

Last week we enjoyed a family vacation, given to us as a gift.  We had hoped to get away with the kids (somewhere besides camp, though camp is great!) but it didn't look like there would be a way for us to make it happen.  When the opportunity came to head out to the West Coast - we happily jumped at it!

A week on Vancouver Island showed me parts of God's creation that I hadn't seen before, or at least not like this.  I savoured the moments in my heart, but had very busy hands helping the kids with this, that and the other.

On the flight home last night, I finally had a moment to ponder the things I had seen.  The word that came to my mind was

Splendor!

I scanned my bible concordance for this word and immediately found a passage of scripture that perfectly fit my response.

1 Chornicles 16:29-34
      Bring an offering and come before Him;
worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness

Tremble before Him, all the earth!
The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
Let the heavens be rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let them say among the nations, "The Lord reigns!"
Let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them!

Then the trees of the forest will sing,

they will sing for joy before the Lord,
for He comes to judge the earth.

Give thanks to the Lord, for His is good; His love endures forever!

I'm very thankful.
I'm thankful for people who want to include us in their vacation.
I'm thankful for old friends that give freely, lovingly, with such warmth.
I'm thankful for twisty roads that, though they make us a little nauseous, always open up to a new and beautiful scene to behold.
I'm thankful for safety and fun, for being together.
I'm thankful for movies on the flight that gave me time to praise my loving Lord for all He has done, from the beginning of time to today in my little life.

His love goes on and on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...